Accountant for Marketing Communications Agency – Central London
← Return to all vacancies...
Are you Looking for a challenge; a role where you’ll be encouraged and coached by some excellent Managers?
Looking for genuine career growth?
Want A role that includes diligent management of the Financials that includes commercial exposure too?
Are you Part-Qualified ACCA / CIMA and need Study Support – this is the perfect opportunity for someone to truly shine and prove themselves
A Communications agency that’s going through a period of exciting change and growth plans seek a highly-talented and extremely organised Accountant who will be responsible ensuring all financial reporting requirements are met. The role will work directly with the FD, FC and senior management to deliver the agreed business plan. This role also supports the FC leading the finance team.
They seek an extremely organised, team player with a sense of fun and a positive, can-do attitude who is keen to work in a friendly and fast paced team.
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the group’s financial requirements. They will be responsible for delivering all statutory and internal financial reporting in a timely and accurate means. They will produce and interpret all management information, manage all accounting and tax compliance and assist on the management of client Business Modelling.
This business is striving for improvement to increase the pace and scale of its growth and this individual will need the confidence, gravitas and intellect to be part of this. The role will work in strong partnership with the Financial Controller ensuring all finance reporting aspects of the business are running efficiently.
The Financial Accountant will actively participate in the development of the internal accounting practices, procedures, controls and standards under the supervision of the FD and FC.
- Support the FC/FD in delivering management information.
- Be a key point of contact for Senior managers for finance matters.
- Deliver robust and reliable financial and regulatory compliance, delivering accurate and timely technical reporting
- Be the commercial partner to the creative and project management teams
- Introduce and enforce effective and efficient processes and systems
- Coach and develop finance team – guiding non-financially trained people to deliver financial performance
- Partner with the FC/FD to provide strong commercial oversight and financial and scenario modelling as needed
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for all financial admin and support functions – tax including VAT, property, payroll, benefits, pensions, regulatory compliance.
- Deputise for the FC in his absence (working with FD and other internal stakeholders).
- Responsible for all financial accounting, controls and reporting including management accounting (estimated at 3 days a month), preparing support material for the monthly Board Pack (including analysis).
- Responsible for benchmarking best practice (Key KPIs and behaviours) across the sales team.
- Providing leadership, as an individual contributor for financial and managerial accounting.
- Persuasive communication with client facing teams (Editorial Teams) to ensure they comply with systems and procedures, help them deliver the agreed profitability and generally help them take a commercial view.
- Helping the team assess commercial opportunities, review business models and contribute to delivering client winning new business pitches.
- Seeking out performance improvement and delivering agreed overhead and cost control.
- Detailed daily cash book reconciliation.
- Cash flow management and detailed cashflow forecasting – important in a ‘lumpy’ cash environment.
- Credit control reporting, particularly regarding Advertisers.
- Produce all Client Billing and maintain client trade creditor ledger.
- Managing the effectiveness of our systems SAP, Cost Log and PO system.
- Prepares the tax calculations, in coordination with FC, and related disclosures for monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Works with accounting department and the company’s external auditors to ensure timely execution of corporate financial statement reviews and annual audits.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- The finance function has an FD as head of finance and operations.
- Financial Accountant will report to the FC along with a Credit Manager (Credit Control – Advertising), Accounts Assistant (AP and Expenses), IT and HR.
- The systems in use are SAP, Cost Log and Excel Modelling.
Qualifications & qualities
- We are seeking someone who has the drive and ambition and wants to provide financial expertise to a creative business.
- Ability to manage financial reporting and ensure robust solid financial control.
- CIMA or ACCA finalist with at least 2 years’ experience in a Management Account or equivalent role.
- Can-do attitude, approachable and down to earth.
- Great communicator and team player.
- Thorough attention to detail and obsession with quality
- Very strong excel and financial modelling expertise and enthusiasm for IT systems.
- Experience of working in a creative agency and/or in a professional services or project driven environment would be ideal but not essential
- Auto-enrolment for first three years, then 5% of salary matched, after 3 years’ service.
- 25 days holiday with additional day each year of service rising to 30 days.
- Office Hours are 9.30 to 6.00 (Monday to Thursday). 9.30 to 4.00 (Fridays)
- Study support up to £1k a year paid retrospectively.
- Perkbox – Employee discount and voucher system
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.