Accounts Assistant – Award Winning PR / Media Agency
← Return to all vacancies...
Our client, a forward thinking independent PR agency working with some of the 21st centuries most innovative global brands, are looking to expand their team by bringing in an Accounts Assistant to join their Central London based Finance team.
Initially this role will be responsible for both the Accounts Payables and Receivables for the group. This role has amazing scope to take on more and more ownership of the management accounts preparation to go alongside the studies that will be provided.
This is a very hand’s on and busy role, and you will be responsible for Accounts Payable and Sales Ledger function including entering all data onto the Paprika system.
- Accurate and timely posting of all supplier invoices – overheads and recharges
- Resolving supplier queries
- Purchase order management
- Ensure all purchase orders are properly authorised by relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all suppliers
- Weekly and monthly payment runs and sending out remittances
- Match supplier invoices to authorised purchase orders and proof of payment
- Create new supplier accounts in accounting system
- Ensure all supplier accounts are accurate and updated on system
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Issue reminders to staff regarding open purchase orders
- Ensure purchase ledger is consistently updated
- Ensure timely response to requests for further information from suppliers regarding expenses or invoicing
- Regular supplier reviews/procurement
- Report to MA any concerns regarding supplier costs
- Report to MA any concerns regarding invoices
- Investigate purchase ledger variances and submit variance reports to MA
Expenses, Petty Cash and Credit Cards
- Accurate and timely posting of all expense, petty cash and credit card costs – overheads, recharges and wage deductions
- Issue credit card statements to card holders and monitor the system
- Ensure all expense, petty cash and credit cards are properly authorised by relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all expenses
- Weekly internal expense runs
- Ensure accurate recording and posting of all petty cash transactions
- All credit card statements are authorised and posted on system on a timely basis
- Report to MA any concerns regarding expesnes/credit card costs
- Daily posting of bank transactions and bank reconciliations
- Daily update of MIMO (money in, money out spreadsheet)
- Ensure daily banking of all cheques and obtaining cash when required
- Credit control – assist with the collection of outstanding invoices and updating the cash flow forecast (MIMO)
- Sending out monthly client statements
- Sending out weekly aged debtors and queries to relevant directors
The successful candidate will possess and display attention to detail, logical approach and will have interpersonal skills to have conversations with stakeholders across the business. If you are an ambitious graduate looking for a cool and fun environment to develop and gain skills then please apply today with an up to date CV.
This is a great opportunity to join an Award Winning PR / Media agency with plenty of scope for you to develop your career further.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.