Finance Manager – Award Winning Communications Agency
← Return to all vacancies...
We are recruiting for a Finance Manager to join an award winning global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations and that prides itself on respect for its employees.
The company culture is “quirky and fun” supported by the backbone of an engaged and hardworking team.
They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join the team based in the New York headquarters.
As the Finance Manager reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Financial management of the New York P&L’s including oversight of revenue recognition, financial reporting, forecasting, process compliance and staffing
- Review and approve client budgets and upload properly into financial system
- Partner with account teams in pricing client proposals, responding to RFP/I’s and developing budgets (with oversight)
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with contracts
- Develop annual operating budgets and maintain accurate quarterly projections
- Provide senior management with monthly financial package describing results to date, forward projections compared to budget and commentary around noticeable trends
- Facilitate monthly billing – liaison between account staff and billing department and review billing reports.
- Review time and expense write-offs and unbilled WIP.
- Prepare management reports Executive Committee meetings
- Payroll management, including year-end reconciliations and submissions
- Assist account teams on client budgets, revenue analysis and project audits
- Ensure Account Staff compliance with company policies including ethics policies, revenue recognition, job requisitions, time entry, travel and expense policies, billing and accounts payable
- Comply with company policies and procedures including ethics policies and revenue recognition
- Lead weekly Finance meetings
- Monthly reconciliations of the Balance Sheet
- Management of team of 3 to provision the accounts and other Finance tasks
- Supervise and train Finance personnel and be accountable for their work
Ideally you will have at least 4 years previous experience within a similar role in a previous marketing / communications background, with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or accountancy along with advanced knowledge of financial systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP or any other ERP system) and strong Microsoft Excel skills. CPA, MBA, or public accounting experience is a plus.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.