Senior Accountant – Global New York Marketing Agency
← Return to all vacancies...
Our client, a global marketing agency with offices around the world is currently recruiting for and experienced Senior Accountant to join there New York office.
As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for the accumulation and processing of all documents and information needed to generate accounting records and provide effective management controls and providing financial schedules and information about company activities for senior management.
- Performs month-end reconciliations and prepares work papers for preparation of internal monthly financial statements and any external audits.
- Develops and implements proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Examines accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Is responsible for monthly and quarterly state sales tax reporting. Assures compliance with corporate federal, state and local income and other tax laws and requirements by researching regulations and verifying conclusions with CPA tax experts as appropriate.
- Assists in compiling tax work papers and schedules for use in the preparation of the corporate federal and state income tax returns.
- Prepares analyses of company and departmental performance, focusing on areas of risk and opportunity for performance improvements.
- Works with departmental directors and other employees as appropriate to gather information, evaluate options, elicit support and ensure successful implementation of recommendations.
- Works with chief financial officer to manage overall departmental workload and assess and implement opportunities for automation and process refinements.
- Is responsible for payroll activities, including processing of biweekly and special payrolls. Coordinates closely with the Director of Human Resources to perform payroll function.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Five-plus years’ hands-on managerial accounting experience from marketing / creative background preferred.
- Strong financial statement, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and income tax knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Excel spreadsheet applications, as well as significant experience with and responsibility for accounting and reporting systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred).If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.