About our client
A chelsea based fast growing brand agency with a mixture of creatively, culture and technology
Our client makes heritage modern, and modern timeless through purpose driven work that drives cultural relevance.
Office base in New York and satellite office in England
The Accounts Assistant will be a highly organized and motivated individual with an eye for attention to detail. They will be keen to build on existing knowledge gained from working in an accounting role with exposure to Accounts Payable/Receivable, bank transactions/postings and reconciliations.
The Accounts Assistant will likely be an excellent communicator (both written and oral), adept at problem solving and will be comfortable working independently and to their own initiative.
- Reporting into a Finance Manager
- Manage the Accounts Receivable (AR) function from end to end including liaising with the production team to ensure accurate and timely invoices are raised and delivered to our clients.
- Manage the Accounts Payable (AP) function from invoice receipt to supplier payment and everything in between.
- Daily posting of bank transaction through the accounting system (currently Quickbooks but looking to upgrade)
- Control of staff expenses and petty cash .
- Bank reconciliations on a weekly basis ( USD)
- Initiate payments to suppliers, creators, related companies, freelancers and employees.
- Ownership (to include monitoring and responding to queries) of two public accounting email inboxes.
- Journal postings – Accruing for production cost and amounts due to third party
- Support the Finance Manager and the team with a view to maintaining a first-class finance function.
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Minimal previous experience within a small finance function would be ideal. However not necessary as the right attitude would be more desirable
- Experience with software (not essential as training will be provided) including:
- Quickbooks/Xero or similar
- Have a desire to work in a fast-paced branding & production company with impressive plan for growth (organic and acquisition) in the short-term.
Who you will be working with…
- Finance Manager: To ensure we are billing our clients in accordance with agreed Managed Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statement of Works (SOWs)
- Production Team: To ensure our most important resource, our creators, are rewarded (paid) for their creativity.
- External Accountants: To ensure they have all the information they require to complete certain outsourced activities and audit work.
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Includes great benefits; allow for future participation in an employee share option scheme being established.