We are working with a leading publishing company which has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Billings and Collections Manager to join the London based finance team.
The successful candidate will oversee the end to end process from order to collection for the client, implementing processes and controls, review of the ledgers and ensuring the team is fully engaged and challenged.
This role also includes participating in ad hoc projects such as acquisition integration. This role has four direct reports: one billing clerk, one finance assistant and two credit controllers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review ledgers and ensure these are maintained to a high standard
- Ensuring unallocated cash is kept at a minimum
- Initially responsible for the collection of all outstanding Sponsorship, Delegate, Membership and Advertising invoices, across all brands before transitioning to credit controller team. Ensuring unpaid invoices are collected in a timely manner
- Reconciliations of the events revenue for all brands, against the P&L submitted by relevant conference producers. Ensuring all discrepancies are dealt with and the relevant instructions are given to the Management Accountant should any invoices/credit notes need to be accrued
- Processing quarterly and year-end bad debt write off’s, including provisions, seeking approval from the relevant department heads
- Responding to client queries quickly and efficiently and being the point of contact for any queries that need to be escalated
- Processing card payments where necessary
- Overseeing the audit input for the AR department, delegating where necessary
- Provide a 13 week cash flow forecast monthly
- Assist in putting in new processes and procedures in place, motivating and developing the team as well as liaising with key internal stakeholders to understand and ensure that the team deliver expectations
- Staff management and development, setting targets and objectives for the team
- Any ad-hoc duties requested by management
- Have a proven background in a similar accounts receivable role
- Experience with credit control
- Experience with multi-currency
- Having direct reports and managing a team
- Understanding of invoicing to payment process
- IT literacy including a good working knowledge of Excel
- Confident in training, developing and coaching direct reports
- Ability to prioritise, organise and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Able to build strong relationships and confident enough to communicate at all levels
- Resilient under pressure – able to remain focused in the face of multiple competing priorities and ensure key deadlines are met
- A problem solving attitude with the ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
- Good attention to detail
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted.