Our client, a digital communications agency based in the heart of the West End, has an opening for a part-time bookkeeper to join their team on a 3 day a week basis to manage their day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Reporting into the owner, the successful candidate will be responsible for tracking and managing invoices and ensuring that all invoices are on the system. The ideal candidate for this role will be a skilled multi-tasker, reliable, and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Purchase Ledger – matching, batching and coding of invoices in a timely manner
- Accounts Receivable, raising invoices, setting up new client accounts
- Credit control, chasing outstanding accounts
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Completing VAT returns
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Creating bespoke excel reports as and when necessary
- Carrying out any ad hoc work as requested by the senior management team
Skills and Experience
- Ideally 2-3 years plus all round bookkeeping skills gained in a similar sized business and industry would be very beneficial in your application
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience in Excel (v-look ups and pivot tables)
- Degree educated – preferably in finance or accountancy
- Self-starter with a hands-on attitude, confident of working with stakeholders at all levels
- Highly organised, able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once, delivering on time to targets
- A strategic thinker, able to think outside of the box when necessary to ensure the best results.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.