Our client, a large advertising agency, is looking for a Commercial Accountant / Manager to join the team. It is a fast-paced, constantly evolving business which prides itself on being one of the best places to work in the UK, welcoming those who want to work hard and play
Job purpose: The principle purpose of the Commercial Manager role is to business partner with senior management and client leads on large, complex Clients and key business opportunities both within the agency and seamlessly across the group. The objective of this partnership is to grow revenue, maximise profitability, help manage effective resource utilisation and ensure a positive cash-flow.
- UK and / or EMEA point of contact for management information relating to a small portfolio of clients, including at least one large, complex client.
- Work closely with client team leads to identify areas of opportunity for increased revenues and maximised profitability.
- Closely monitor actual and forecast KPIs including client revenue, profitability and resource utilisation.
- Understand the key commercial aspects of a client contract (revenues, costs, timing of invoicing, cashflow), identifying any potential opportunities and mitigating potential risks.
- Primary point of contact for regular and ad hoc client commercial and financial queries.
- Close co-ordination with Commercial Analysts who are responsible for managing client Billing, WIP and AR.
- Working with key client team leads and departmental heads to prepare and negotiate client fees with client procurement.
- Managing client and contractual legal queries with Head of Commercial and lawyers.
Key stakeholders include:
- Head of Commercial
- Chief Financial Officer
- Management Team and Key Client Team Leads
- Group Finance
- All other agency personnel
- Track record of developing relationships with key clients and senior stakeholders.
- Track record of providing insight, summarising complex information in a matrix environment and actioning value-added process improvements.
- Commercially minded, results-driven, good business judgement.
- Numerate with advanced financial systems knowledge and excellent Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, etc).
- Excellent communication skills – comfortable interacting with a range of seniorities, personalities and with non-financial managers.
- Self-sufficient, proactive and innovative.
- Flexible working approach – able to react quickly to urgent requests and manage time accordingly.
- ACA or CIMA qualified , PQ, finalist
- 2:1 or above degree (or equivalent).
- At least 2 years of industry-related experience (Advertising, MarComs, Media).
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.