Our client is seeking a Commercial Finance Analyst ready to join a smart, fun and growing team in their New York office
About the job
As a Commercial Finance Analyst you will be reporting directly into the CFO and be responsible for driving positive change, creating and adding value through innovative financial models, analysing key metrics and presenting fresh ideas to an ever-progressive finance department. We work with some of the world’s largest brands, as well as up-and-coming companies, to bring human-centered solutions to their most pressing people challenges. The team and clients span across North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
The client has a team mindset, and everyone is an essential part of the success. As a Commercial Finance Analyst, your typical day may range from producing financial documents, highlighting key metrics and trends which arms client leads with the knowledge to drive organic growth, providing insight to the CFO across multiple financial layers of data, assisting Consultants of all levels with day to day queries from budget management council to reviewing SOWs. The role will be located in North America, but will have global responsibilities and not concentrated to the local market. If you’re looking for a place where you can learn from smart, hands-on leaders while also having access to learning resources and opportunities for personal growth, this company could be your perfect fit.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify opportunities and improve profitability results by building and maintaining complex financial models for the company, as well as for departments and strategic initiatives. Experience in Power-BI required.
- Prepare insightful financials and operational analytics/commentary to discuss, decide and support company plans and financial decisions.
- Providing support to the CFO and Global Financial Controller around month end close and identifying ways to continuously improve and accelerate the close process.
- Work closely with both Financial Analyst and Client Finance Analyst in their day to day roles, providing support and guiding them to success.
- Play a vital role in working with account teams to forecast both short and long term client revenue
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and deep dives to support special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Working capital management/reporting and providing support on critical monthly cash flow forecasts
- Supporting CFO and Resource Managers in maintaining staffing platform and helping analyse key metrics to drive resource allocation and potential new hires.
- Review of all client SOWs and supporting documents, making sure terms are in line with company standards.
- Review of all new vendor agreements
- Running workshops for all new and current employees around financial/staffing software.
- Ability to expertly build, navigate through, and maintain complex financial models
- Expertise in MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Power BI preferred)
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment with Fortune 500 organizations preferred
- An ability to create structure out of ambiguity and boil down complexity into simple and easy-to-understand recommendations
- Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused, practical, approach to the business
- Detail oriented and the ability to clearly communicate findings and recommendations to all levels of the organization
- Experience in managing highly professional and career driven employees
- You’re result-oriented, hands-on, highly motivated, and self starter
- You bring a demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and reporting challenges
- Ability to contribute individually and as a team member
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high quality and service excellence
- Have the ability to influence the decisions of business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
- Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
Comfortable presenting financial metrics to key stakesholders