Our client, a forward thinking global creative agency, has an opening for an experienced controller to join their New York finance team on a 6 month FTC. If you’re ambitious, motivated by a fast-paced environment, and not afraid to challenge the status-quo then read on!
As the Controller you will work closely with the senior management team in developing and utilizing financial and operational systems to provide financial planning, analysis, reporting, KPI’s, and ad hoc projects support, playing a vital role in collecting and providing information that drives the strategic financial direction of the company
- Managing monthly closing.
- Controlling the flow of data into general ledger
- Producing management accounts packs, monthly balance sheets, profit/loss statements, cash flow statement and other financial reports
- Updating global forecasting
- Supervising and managing staff accountant
- Maintains all corporate accounting records in accordance with established schedules
- Exposure to IFRS 15
- Overseeing new ERP system development
- Providing financial information / reporting and analyst to help senior management make informed decisions
Ideally you will be immediately available along with having previous experience of working in a similar Financial Management role within marketing services or a similar industry with strong group reporting skills and A can-do attitude and the ability to work from own initiative.
Required experience / skills
- 5+ years’ experience in financial management, preferably some of which as a Controller gained within a service industry company. Marketing industry agency experience is a plus.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Finance Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Previous experience overseeing an ERP system implementation is also preferred
- Interest and passion in social & digital media and emerging technologies.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.