An fully remote Finance Director opportunity exists for a rising finance star to take on this newly created role and progress into a CFO for fast growing New York based Marketing & Creative Agency that champions diversity.
The FD to implement and produce the financial and reporting functions including financial accounting, management accounting/ client finance, and tax management for main agency and its smaller subsidiaries.
The FD will work closely with the partners and GM to maintain a solid and robust Finance function that can scale and keep pace as the business develops. This includes the management of P&L across the various LOBs, capital raises, and general reporting in a timely manner to support the business needs and communicate this at the board and investor level.
As the agency has grown significantly since inception, it has become necessary to hire someone to take on ownership for the finance function and free up the General Manager from day-to-day finance issues. This role will work very closely with the partners to set the strategic direction for Finance for Main agency and its subsidiaries and develop commercial business models.
- Control the Accounting and Finance function, continually developing the standard of accounting expertise (internal controls and guidelines), optimizing cash flow management and managing company expenditures, including payroll
- Optimize and maintain a rolling 12-month budget and quarterly forecasting model to deliver business insights requirements and evaluate reasons for variances
- Facilitate and support business with ongoing revenue monitoring and reporting; providing the Partners with a monthly performance dashboard covering financial and operational KPIs
- Key point of contact for our external auditors, tax advisors, corporate legal advisors, insurance, and other professional services
- Partners closely with the General Manager to ensure appropriate workforce levels, adequate budgets/workforce and facilitate seamless delivery of benefits and payroll
- Regularly communicate with clients and senior team leads to ensure clarity and transparency of appropriate financial data
- Lead the implementation and structure of systems to ensure data is structured for reporting needs
- Given the growth of the agency, it has become more important to enhance distributed internal controls and procedures to meet the current and future needs and work with HR to proactively ensure that all employees fully understand relevant processes and procedures through regular training and all-employee communications/updates
- Hiring and Management small team: fostering positive relationships and striving for accuracy and efficiency; Develop career paths for department members
- This role works closely with the Operations team to ensure a seamless backbone of the running of the agency.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Minimum 7 years accounting and financial management experience
- Proficient knowledge in partnership accounting, and reporting knowledge of tax laws (Federal, NY state, K1’s etc.)
- Agency experience (creative, marketing or similar) is preferred but it is essential to demonstrate an ability to work in a creative environment
- Can-do attitude / driven and self-motivated
- Goal orientated mentality
- High professional standards and attention to detail
- Calm under pressure but energetic and enthusiastic
- Team player; able to build effective relationships and productively collaborate with team members from different disciplines across our group of companies
- Organizational efficiency and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills are imperative
- Ability to identify and act upon both growth opportunities and risks
- A passion for innovation, new ideas and success
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.