A leading Content Creation Agency based in Central London has an opening for a proactive and strategic Finance Director to join their finance team on a six month contract.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Finance Director is responsible for managing the financial integrity of the organisation and driving the agency’s focus on growth, improving profitability and commercial leadership by offering sound financial analysis and advice. You will also be required to take a tactical, hands-on role in managing the financial needs for the business, contributing to and driving strategic agenda of the agency.
- Oversee the financial accounting activities for the business. Ensuring statutory compliance and proper management reporting, in accordance with company policies
- Ensure processes and controls are in place to manage the financial assets of the agency
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Conduct regular reviews of balance sheet accounts
- Manage AP and AR transactions, inventories, and other drivers of working capital
- Oversee payroll, cash accounts, and related banking relationships
- Develop monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term financial plans
- Developing the reporting and budgeting model to include team reporting
- Be a key partner to the senior management team in developing and delivering strategic initiatives in order to grow the agency’s profitability
- Report on business performance and maintain a close relationship with the senior management team
- Analyse agency profit and loss statements and cash flows, department expenses, project performance, and client profitability in order to advise the senior management team on delivering financial commitments
- Contribute to projects where financial and/or business analysis is required, including:
o the evaluation of new clients or suppliers,
o project pricing, development of rate cards, and structuring of retainer fees,
o changes in office staffing, use of freelance resources,
o analysis of opportunities for redefinition of agreements with suppliers, and
o evaluation of subscriptions
- Partnering with HR, maintain appropriate compensation and benefits
- Prepare information as required to complete any required statutory audit
- Work with insurance providers regarding the maintenance of appropriate insurance coverage when necessary
- Work with the company’s tax advisers and related service providers to ensure compliance with regulations and timely payment of obligations
- Evolve the structure as well as roles and responsibilities of the finance team
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Extensive experience in finance and accounting, and in a managerial role
- Experience working in fast-paced environments – ideally in a creative agency environment
- Experience managing banking relationships
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Previous team management exposure and a proven ability to coach and develop others
- Comfort working with multiple reporting lines
- Desire to consistently lead with integrity and by personal example
- Previous experience of NetSuite software would be a plus!
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.