A global New York based creative agency that works with some of the most renowned fashion and lifestyle brands is recruiting for an experienced Finance Director with previous Agency and production experience and strong experience of preparing management accounts to join them on a permanent basis.
Strategy and Leadership
- Work with the senior management team to grow the business, formulating and executing strategies and plans
- Provide day to day business, financial and commercial advice to senior management.
- Oversee financial management and systems.
- Manage 3-4 members of the NY finance team
Financial Management and reporting
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial matters and ensure its integrity and necessary statutory requirements.
- Keep an accurate set of accounting records corresponding with industry accounting policies, regulations and the specific needs of the agency.
- Lead and manage the budgeting process, including drafting annual budgets and targets.
- Provide commentary and analysis on key financial matters, reviewing ongoing financial performance and planning, including staffing and other decisions.
- Oversee preparation of Management Accounts including P+L, Balance Sheet, KPI, variance analysis and commentary.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations for main accounts are done for each month end (Prepayments, accruals, income accruals, deferred income, insurance, staff loans, intercompany loans)
- Oversee Fixed Asset Register and posting of the monthly depreciation
- Hold regular meetings/conference calls with heads of NY & London office re: status of forecast, new business, revisions, P&L results, potential issues, and helping management make key decisions
- Regular meetings with project managers on project/billing status
- Oversee administration of timesheet system, chase overdue timesheets, report budget vs actuals for projects to Head of Production and project managers
- Review accounts receivable reports, accounts payable reports and balance sheet accounts- ensuring that they are always fully reconciled and accurate.
- Oversee monthly intercompany reconciliation
- Oversee Hyperion (HFM) monthly, quarterly & yearly reporting.
Governance and Risk
- Liaise with lawyers, tax advisors, auditors, banks and IRS to ensure that the best processes and efficiencies are in place.
- Manage all insurance matters- reducing risk for the companies, reviewing limits and handling claims.
- Manage treasury matters – banking relationship, credit cards, negotiation of overdraft facility, lending, foreign exchange.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliant
Knowledge Skills & Experience Required
- Solid Finance Background – Minimum 8 Years
- Agency and production experience necessary, including knowledge of production job reconciliations.
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Good IT proficiency- including intermediate Excel skills (V lookups, pivot tables)
- Analytical and enquiring approach
- Confident good communicator
- Attention to detail but with ability to report at a top-line level to management
- Ability to corral non-finance personnel to take an interest in financial matters
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.