Our client, a Global PR and communications agency are seeking an experienced Finance Manager with solid financial, analytical, and planning skills to support their Finance Team based in their Los Angeles office. The Finance Manager role is responsible for the financial management of large complex clients, partnering with senior management on staffing, forecasting, and pricing of the business.
- Serve as the Finance Manager on larger or more complex projects or clients including contract and pricing negotiations (with oversight).
- Supervise team of 1-2 finance professionals.
- Review and approve client budgets
- Partner with account teams in pricing client proposals, responding to Requests for Proposals/Information, and developing budgets (with oversight)
- Facilitate negotiation of client and vendor contracts between clients/vendors, account staff/senior management, and legal department, including full review of all business terms (with oversight)
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with contracts; create summary sheets (contract cheat sheets) for PR teams
- Ensure written client agreement is obtained (via contract, letter of agreement, signed scope of work, etc.) for all work and is appropriately archived and classified.
- Assist PR teams with monthly project budget to actual tracking and other required client reporting
- Coordinate data collection for client audits
- Communicate with clients regarding budgets, billing, and accounts receivable issues
- Maintain a catalogue of required client reporting and ensure timely completion
- Review monthly fee and expense detail
- Provide commentary on variances of actual revenue to budget and forecast
- Develop annual operating budgets and maintain accurate monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Prepare management reports, identify and communicate areas of concern, and suggest improvements to account staff and management (e.g., client profitability, utilization, over/under service, missing time, revenue risk, and staffing plans)
- Review monthly fees for accuracy and compliance with Revenue Recognition policy
- Facilitate monthly billing – liaison between account staff and billing department and review billing reports.
- Review time and expense write-offs and unbilled WIP
- Accountable for timely and valuable AR collection status commentary and liaison with Accounts Receivable
- Supervise project setup process for the department and perform Business Manager role for larger or more complex projects.
- Contribute to performance appraisal process for peers and managers
- Supervise and train Finance personnel and be accountable for their work
- Train PR staff on internal finance systems, procedures, and financial project management
- Set achievable goals and tasks, delegate opportunities, and provide resources for staff to meet their goals; consistently measure and reward goal achievement
- Ad hoc requests and projects
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in FIN or ACC
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP, or any other ERP system) and strong Microsoft Excel skills
- MBA or public accounting experience is a plus
- Professional services industry experience preferred
- Well-organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, follows through on multiple projects and juggles conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial analysis and management skills; good business acumen
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.