Our client, a global leader in the design, development, implementation and support of Content Supply Chain Management software solutions to the traditional global television broadcast sector as well as to evolving digital on-demand media organisation, is looking for a Sole charge Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner (FBP). You will be accountable for the financial operations of the Company, including maintaining the ledgers, compliance with statutory requirements, corporate governance, and risk management.
You will also be required to partner with the Business on decision support, providing reporting and analysis, and assistance with forecasting and planning.
This position is right for you if your goal is to manage the financial operations to a high standard, you want to drive positive change and implement best-practices, are comfortable working within a Group structure, and are passionate about providing financial support to the Business.
Main responsibility areas:
- General Ledger, including journal entries, reconciliations, intercompany, fixed assets, within the Great Plains ERP system.
- Bank account control and processing of transactions.
- Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger maintenance.
- Validate and process employee expenses in line with policy.
- Raising customer invoices, and collection of customer receivables.
- Own the month end cycle, ensuring timely closing, reporting and analysis across all ledgers. Manage the submissions in accordance with Group timelines and formats.
- Implement and maintain accounting procedures in accordance with Group policies. Bring best practice learnings, challenge the current methods.
- Evolve financial processes, systems, and policies to ensure scalability, the availability of accurate and timely data to make the best business decisions, and to comply with regulations and corporate governance requirements.
- Ensure accurate accounting of revenues and tracking of projects and recurring revenue streams.
- Manage statutory filings across all entities, ensuring accurate completion and timely filing, work with external advisors as required.
- Ensure accurate tax records are maintained and filed for VAT, GST, Income Taxes, payroll taxes, and engage with external advisors as required.
- Manage internal and external auditor relationships, through to sign-off and taking corrective actions.
- Own working capital performance, building cash forecasts and devising actions to optimize.
- Manage financial record keeping, adopting technological solutions whilst ensuring completeness as required by statutory authorities.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on Business performance, recommend and lead efforts to improve performance as indicated by operating ratios.
- Support the ‘Quarterly Strategic Review’ (QSR) forecasting process, including the annual budgeting process, in line with +/- 5% forecast accuracy targets.
- Develop cost spend analysis for management, ensure robust controls are in place to control costs.
- Attend management meetings, annual events, and other activities directed by the CEO.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Studying towards an Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA).
- Demonstrates understanding and application of current technical accounting knowledge, particularly International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience of operating in varying corporate structures, including in a SME as well as within a Group organization.
- Hands on mindset essential, comfortable preparing and reviewing reconciliations, posting journals, and preparing working papers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and work effectively with the Business.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment. Is very organized, does not need to be chased.
- Understanding of software accounting concepts, especially revenue recognition, is a plus.
- Strong on use of accounting/ERP software, comfortable with Microsoft Office tools
The role is predominantly remote based but will require a weekly visit to the head office based in Buckinghamshire once a week.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!