A Global Media Agency Network with offices around the world is recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join their team in New York. The Financial Analyst will sit within the FP&A team, focusing on expense and accounts payable reporting. This role will also aid in the preparation of month end actuals, as well as the preparation of the Annual Budgets and Quarterly Forecasts. This person will perform the research and analysis of expenses, ensuring that solid explanations are available to management. This person will also be responsible for the timely processing and coding of payables with related allocations and ensuring compliance with the clients Sarbanes Oxley guidelines.
- Code non-billable expenses to appropriate accounts/departments, etc.
- Liaise with shared Accounts Payable group to manage timely vendor payments and invoice processing
- Assist the Finance department to ensure that it is operating under a sound control environment and is in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Prepare (create and support) monthly journal entries for monthly close process
- Ensure all expense treatment is within GAAP guidelines by ensuring integrity of invoice account coding
- Assist in identifying variances, and explain changes in P&L accounts
- Perform numerous ad-hoc requests and special projects for the Finance Department
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a “can-do” attitude and ability to work well within a team environment
- Basic Accounting / Finance skills and knowledge
- Solid systems skills, including Excel. Media Ocean (DDS), AX and Cartesis, a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, with a strong interpersonal style; excellent “soft-skills” required
- Accounting / Finance degree required; prior Accounting / Finance experience preferred
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.