Our client, a rapidly growing public relations agency based in Western Sydney, has a new opening for an experienced Financial Controller to join their team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the key deliverable of this newly created position is ensuring that all financial reporting, audits and statutory requirements are met in accordance with specified timeframes. You will also be responsible for the organisations’ operational reporting, analysis and controls to ensure the financial integrity of the business.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Responsibility for managing the month end close and full reporting requirements
- Ensuring that all audits and statutory reporting requirements are met in accordance with specified timeframes
- Managing operational cashflow and forecasting movements
- Providing insightful analysis and commentary on financial risks
- Drive process improvement & automation initiatives
- Mentorship and development of the current finance team
- Reviewing and implementing strong internal controls, systems and processes to ensure the integrity of financial information.
The Successful Applicant
- CPA/CA Qualification
- Proven experience working in a Financial Controller position ideally in a previous PR, marketing, creative agency.
- Strong staff management experience, with a passion for developing staff
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving ability, and attention to detail