Our client, an integrated branding, advertising and digital agency, is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager.
As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all billing and collections operations, as well as proper revenue recognition of projects. This includes, among other responsibilities, liaising with clients to ensure reconciliation of billable amounts, coordinating with account teams to ensure data is appropriately entered into our project finance system, and working with Finance to ensure account balances are appropriately reflected. This individual will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping processes and controls. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; have demonstrated problem solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast paced environments and work independently.
This position reports to the Group Director of Finance and will also work closely with the Accounts team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee billing requirements and revenue recognition procedures, ensuring clients are billed timely and accurately
- Coordinate with Account and Finance teams to develop, implement, and maintain key policies and procedures for billing, credit and collections, and revenue recognition
- Identify opportunities for the design, documentation, and implementation of process improvements and increased controls to support the Company’s growing operations
- Manage and execute the invoicing and collections process, analyse all outstanding Accounts Receivable, and track cash collections performance and related metrics
- Develop and implement credit policies and procedures for new and existing customers
- Oversee revenue accounting operations, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of revenue and revenue-related accounts
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as directed by the Director of Finance
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in Accounting or Finance roles
- Agency experience preferred
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel and tech-savvy, experience with a Project Management software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with customers
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive financial or other information
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.