A well known global advertising agency has an opening for a Senior Accounting Manager to join the New York office. Reporting into the VP, Global Accounting, you will play a key role in the global finance function, ensuring consistently accurate financial reporting and proper financial control over the North American region.
- Financial accounting support for the growing North American region
- Manage the North America accounting team
- Review monthly journals, analyses and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ownership of the actuals and knowledge of operating expenses being posted to the region.
- Presentation of monthly actuals to Regional Finance during review meetings prior to production of month-end reporting.
- Perform monthly review of individual Operating Companies’ Income Statement and Balance Sheet, budget variance analysis, allocation reconciliations, and identification of unusual transactions, business changes, accounting changes and misstatements.
- Ensure proper adherence to US GAAP, IFRS and companies internal accounting policies, recording adjustments when needed.
- Work with the NA Client Finance team, Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) to ensure timely and accurate billing and reporting.
- Oversee the separation and control of media and non-media cash in the banking system. Support AP and AR to manage cash flow for the region.
- Review of monthly payrolls for each location, supporting local HR teams with payroll taxes and posting of monthly payroll journals.
- Implement, monitor and enforce financial controls and procedures to support SOX compliance
- Manage the timely preparation and filing of regional and local tax returns
- Support the Client Finance Director and Global Director of Accounting in other ad hoc projects. Complete special projects and financial analysis as necessary.
What skills you will need:
- Ideally you will have 8+ years of relevant accounting experience gained within the advertising industry.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- CPA is preferable
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.