Our client, an independent brand design agency in London, New York, San Francisco and Copenhagen, has an opening for an experienced Studio Manager to join their West London office to oversee day-to-day operations within the company ensuring the smooth running of the studio.
Working closely with the Finance Partner and Partner for Strategy & Development to:
- Understand profitability and financial control in specific relation to the scheduling of resource both permanent and freelance against allocated budgets.
- Monitor project budgets and prompting early conversations and solutions for resource and project overspend in conjunction with the wider client management team and Leadership team.
- Manage and hold an accurate overview of the financial spend in respect to freelance resource.
- Control freelance budget spend – identifying the project requirement vs the need for the resource and how much.
- Maintain a weekly schedule of team/project allocation and freelance schedule, identifying all project responsibility and all freelance/bought-in costs.
- Review and analyse resource utilisation on a weekly basis in conjunction with the Partner, Finance & Operations to identify over/underspends and any areas of concern and facilitate solutions.
- Schedule against estimated resource – highlighting overspend on each project or projected investment on a project alongside Partner, Finance & Operations.
- Understand the Legal Creative Checking Process already in place.
- Liaise with Client Management and Design to ensure all creative work presented to clients is in line with our set legal compliance.
- Document and onboard all relevant staff including legal checking process, maintain all records relating to creative checking and facilitate conversations relating to creative legal issues relating.
- Liaise with HGF Legal in relation to training for legal compliance, and updating / implementing new process / procedures
Personnel and People Management
Working with Team Heads and Leadership to maintain high standards and professionalism in teams by:
- Ensuring people are working their hours not impacting others, supporting Leadership & team head in difficult and honest conversations where there may be issues, bi-weekly meetings with the Seniors on the design floor to improve morale, standards and ways of working.
- Ensuring a cohesive team effort at all times.
- Remaining forward-looking; pre-empting issues.
- Elevating the communication levels; keeping people informed.
- Ensuring consistency of approach to all business matters.
- Contribute to the Management Operation meetings
- Attend weekly Design Leadership meetings.
- Attend weekly meeting with the Partner Partner Design & Experience to discuss and decide Design team resource.
- Facilitate the highest level of performance within our highly collaborative creative culture.
- Build trust and confidence across the team, develop strong working relationships and anticipate needs.
- Apply short- and long-term business considerations to your decision-making process.
- Diary management of the Partner Design & Experience.
- Connection into Leadership and Team Heads in weekly/monthly meetings and ensuring actions have happened.
- Monitor and manage holiday and sickness to ensure that individual allocation is handled effectively to meet both the needs of both the team members and the business.
Management of all issues relating to
- Reviewing absences vs Management software and ensuring all data is accurate and up to date on a monthly basis.
- Timesheets, including sickness and holiday approval
Resource allocation and scheduling
- Using the Project Management System to track and monitor project progress.
- Supervising the completion of daily timesheets as a key working tool in the monitoring and evaluation of resource utilisation, workloads and productivity, identifying potential areas of under-utilisation or pressure points.
- Maintaining active communications across appropriate teams to ensure a positive workflow.
- Working closely with Team Heads to resolve issues and ensure that projects needs are met.
- Identifying and highlighting issues in flow of projects through the studio and ensuring issues (eg people, speed, productivity, commitment) are resolved
- Leading a weekly scheduling meeting to manage the allocation and scheduling of resources across all project and initiatives.
- Working with all teams to identify optimal resources and resolving scheduling conflicts.
Ideally you will have gained at least 3-5 years previous experience in a similar role plus proven project and studio management experience.
Required software skills:
- GoogleDrive applications
- Studio/project management software
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.