← Return to all vacancies...
Our client is a Healthcare Communications Agency known for original thinking and innovative delivery of healthcare communications campaigns in the UK and globally. They are looking for a Commercial Accountant to join their team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and with a dotted line to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for a range of commercially focused finance tasks. This is an opportunity to become a trusted supporter of the business and you will be responsible for ensuring strong project financial management and forecasting. Your work will support decision making and you will be a key conduit of information between the financial team and the account handlers. In addition, we are also a small Finance team so there will be opportunity, and indeed times when you are needed, to support financial and group tasks.
This is an exciting point in the life-cycle of the agency who are experiencing significant growth and this is an chance to support that growth.
Work closely with the account teams and support all aspects of project finances including;
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of client account finances
- Complete monthly WIP reconciliations accurately in line with tight deadlines
- Attend meetings with client teams internally and externally. Clearly articulate the current position and identify any actions required
- Client PO Management
- Provide professional guidance and support to the client teams
- Process time moves quickly and accurately
- Review client project budgets not just for accuracy but also provide value add insights
- Request invoices and assist in the resolution of debt collection issues
- Train and support client teams relating to financial systems and processes, and build commercial awareness
- Ensure compliance with client contracts and support client procurement requirements
- Reconcile monthly revenue recognition and complete required journal postings in a timely and accurate fashion
- Produce monthly revenue variance analysis and supporting commentary highlighting the underlying drivers and identifying action plans where required
- Maintain and an up-to-date and accurate rolling revenue forecast
Tracking performance vs forecast
- Produce traffic light reports. Highlight and help to resolve areas of concern
- Further develop management reporting to aid the effective management of the business
- Support profitability.
- Supporting the effective allocation of resources
- Timely and accurate flash revenue reporting to the Group with inciteful commentary
- Support audit
- Projects & other responsibilities
- Support key Finance and Business projects
- Other ad hoc finance tasks and analysis as required
- Promote the company values at all times
Individual professional development
- Proactively identify and participate in learning and development opportunities related to your individual development path
- Seek regular feedback and proactively deliver feedback regarding your own development
- The successful candidate will most likely be part-qualified or qualified
- Commercial finance experience is essential covering WIP management and forecasting, in a business facing role
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to translate financial issues into language understood by the business
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Proficient in Excel (medium to advanced) and financial systems and a keen eye for detail
- Agency experience is essential, and healthcare comm’s agency experience would be a distinct advantage
- A flexible problem-solving approach and positive, proactive mindset
- Working to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Commercial acumen
Nice to have
- Group financial reporting experience
- Medium/Large network agency experience
- Have taken the financial accounts to trial balance
- Experience of working in a standalone role
- Have developed and maintained financial controls
- Systems implementation
- Multi-currency experience
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.