Senior Revenue Accounting Manager
← Return to all vacancies...
Our client, a world leading Customer Experience Management platform with offices around the world, has an opening for Senior Revenue Accounting Manager to join their dynamic finance function that’s helping to shape the future the business.
They are looking for an extraordinarily talented individual to join their global finance organization and help lead the global revenue team. In addition to being responsible for the global revenue accounting operations of the company, this role will be a valued partner to the business teams.
- Be the company’s technical expert for US GAAP revenue recognition.
- Research, assess and document accounting implications on the Company’s revenue transactions and material judgments in an environment of complex and rapidly evolving industry.
- Interpret contractual language and identify proper application of accounting policies.
- Perform reviews of revenue transactions for accounting compliance with applicable US GAAP.
- Oversee the team with responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of all monthly billing and revenue entries including the preparation of all balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Manage the design and operations of internal controls and policies and procedures related to revenue recognition and monthly close and reporting processes.
- Manage and streamline the revenue accounting process to improve clarity, efficiency and scale for growth.
- Analyze and report key revenue metrics and results.
- Use analytical skills and findings to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Take responsibility for all revenue related disclosures in the financial statements.
- Create and maintain superb working relationships and collaboration across the Finance, Legal, Sales and Success teams.
- Drive the professional development and coaching of the team and cross pollination of skills and intelligence throughout the function and the broader business.
- Play a lead role in managing relationship with the auditors and provide support for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be, or recently have been, the revenue manager or the assistant revenue manager for a company in the software space.
- Must have a CPA and a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a hyper growth environment.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a corporate finance environment including 3-5 years of experience in revenue including multiple element arrangements and SaaS accounting.
- Must have a deep understanding of ASC 605 and ASC 606 and preferably have worked in a company that has been through the adoption of the new standard
- Familiarity with NetSuite accounting system and SalesForce a plus.
- Must be a great communicator across functional teams and be a proven leader that can nurture and inspire the next great revenue managers.
- Above all else, a willingness to undertake any and all projects in order to support your teammates and improve the overall effectiveness of the function.