One of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations currently has an opening for an Accountant to join their Financial Reporting team based in New York. In this position, you will be responsible for circulation accounting, fixed asset accounting, and cash management. Additionally, you will record journal entries, prepare balance sheet account analysis and ensure accuracy of financial statements prepared for the month end close process. You will also prepare/review monthly variance explanations, liaison with upper management and financial analysts, and assist in various projects and other ad hoc analysis as assigned.
Duties & Functions
- Responsible for cash management functions including daily/weekly cash balance reporting and submitting/reporting wire transfers.
- Assist in month-end close process, which includes recording journal entries.
- Assist in month-end close procedures including review of accruals and variances for assigned departments.
- Prepare various balance sheet account analysis for assigned areas on a monthly basis including bank reconciliations, prepaid assets, and accruals.
- Responsible for tracking monthly account reconciliations.
- Prepare year-end schedules to support financial statements.
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory procedures.
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Solid understanding of accounting transactions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Keen financial acumen and accuracy with numbers.
- Proficiency in computers, Excel and Word required; Oracle Fusion experience is a plus.