Our client, a global creative company with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Sydney and Amsterdam, has an opening for a Director of Finance to lead the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. Since 2004 at their core, we exist to find creative opportunities in every challenge, not just to think, but to make, and ultimately put extraordinary things into the world that inspire people.
This role is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. The ideal candidate has a strong technical Accounting and Finance foundation, desires the opportunity to serve in a financial leadership role in a fast-paced and high-growth environment, and possesses a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude.
- Drive the budgeting and forecasting processes through a combination of effective financial modeling and collaboration with stakeholders in various areas of the company.
- Serve as a key Finance business partner for other departments and lines of businesses.
- Own the financial analysis function, producing regular monthly/quarterly variance analyses and other analyses (regular and ad-hoc), designed to drive increased awareness into company performance and opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the company by developing, implementing, and enhancing cross-functional processes.
- Assist with systems and technology implementations and expansions (including NetSuite and Salesforce).
- Design and maintain strong financial controls.
- Manage and oversee the company’s cash flow, including billing and collections.
- Execute post-acquisition integrations
- Manage and continue building a team of accountants and finance associates.
- Support or lead ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- 8+ years of experience in financial analysis, planning, accounting, with 5+ years supervising finance/accounting roles.
- Strong technical accounting and finance background (MBA, CPA, or Big4 Audit experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of financial and operational systems.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with departments outside of finance/accounting.
- Strong knowledge of financial and operational systems, (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred).