Our client, an award winning global branding and marketing communications agency, has an opening for a Finance Manager to join their growing Sydney office to manage the day-to-day activities of the finance and accounting function. As a leader within the finance group, the Finance Manager will provide senior level business support to the Australian senior leaders and will be the primary liaison between the agency and parent company. Additionally, this role will support the agency’s client account teams as well as overall business and financial processes, forecasting and reporting.
- Leading Month End Close: including balance sheet reconciliation, revenue recognition and reporting, uploading TB and results to the internal portal.
- Coordinate with regional offices to process intercompany transactions.
- Managing capital expenditure requests and budget.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Maintain regular bank reconciliation.
- Monitor cash movement and complete weekly working capital reporting.
- Compile Half Year and full year data reports for audit.
- Partner closely with regional Accounts Payable and Billing support (centralized in the US) on the following: Accounts Payable, Credit Card processing, Client Billing and Purchase order acquisition.
- Primary support to client teams in terms of pricing, scope review and ad hoc client requests.
- Assist client team managing 3rd party spend ensuring proper payment terms are negotiated and adhered to.
- Facilitate Contract creation and execution including negotiation and preparation of client contracts.
- Review timesheet data and ensure regular completion of timesheets by the local team.
- Own financial hygiene in all financial systems of record (Salesforce, Paprika, TM1)
- Schedule and lead finance onboarding for new hires.
- Enhance processes and reporting as needed.
- Annual Budget preparation in partnership with local senior management.
- Review and update monthly forecast according to deadlines.
- Lead preparation and presentation of monthly Strategic Business Reviews.
- Make senior level recommendations related to forecasting, cost control, system improvements, etc.
- Lead weekly pipeline calls and work with the client teams to ensure accurate forecasting of client revenue in Salesforce.
- Support new business activities as needed.
- Partner with P&C partners on Contractor and Employment budgeting and approvals.
- Support staff and hiring decisions with data backed recommendations.
- Take an active leadership role a part of the Senior Leadership Team assisting with the leadership responsibilities of the broader team including both business and culture initiatives.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong commercial acumen
- Adherence to deadlines and timelines
- Providing valuable and accurate financial guidance to regional leadership
- Developing strong partnerships with regional teams
- Proactively improving accounting processes, procedures, or systems.
- Strong analysis, communication, and presentation skills
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.