A leading branding agency based in Southwark has an opening for an immediately available Finance Manager to join their finance team.
- Produce the management accounts monthly
- Provide informative explanation of variances of actual results to the budget/reforecast
- Manage the Finance Assistant (& indirectly the Office Manager)
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Accounts Department
- Ensure all client billing is accurate and reflective of client agreements
- Interrogation of WIP to ensure the correct position is shown for each client so that losses are mitigated and profits maximised.
- Manage the outsourced Payroll (outsourced to IRIS)
- Ensure all financial records (including balance sheet) and reporting are accurate
- Lead the submission of audit information
- Preparation and submission of all relevant statutory and regulatory accounts returns, VAT Returns and other tax accounting requirements
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are fully utilised and developed to support the business along with maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of internal processes and systems
- Authorise payments / payroll to ensure that only legitimate payments are made
- Positive, can-do attitude will ability to work proactively and independently
- Approachable and works well with other departments
- Oversee pension auto enrolment requirements
- Train non-financial staff to ensure procedures and controls are adhered to
- Management of overhead costs
- Contribute commercial ideas to support the business
- Support the FD with business strategic initiatives, commercial issues and keep them updated with suggested improvements within the finance area.
- Answer queries from other departments as required
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Good technical accounting skills, Qualified (incl. by experience)
- Agency experience with strong WIP management skills
- Experience in managing outsourced payroll
- Understanding of stock control and accounting
- Understanding of Paprika or similar accounting package
- Process orientated with sound systems knowledge
- Self-starter with can-do attitude
- Works well with all in the business
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications received, regrettably only successful candidates will be contacted.