Our client is looking for an ambitious Finance Manager with the ability to operate autonomously their new start-up Marketing agency focusing on fashion and luxury brands. They launched in January 2019 and already have grown to a team of 10 generating $6m in fees already!!
As the Finance Manager your core day to day accounting responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initially working with a part time CFO consultant
- General Ledger accounting
- Agency Purchase & Sales ledger maintenance
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitoring and management of cash balance and cash flow forecasting
- Revenue recognition and reconciliation
- Regular financial and commercial margin analysis including timesheet review and analysis.
- Invoice production and timely collection of receivables and payment for urgent productions vendors.
- Expense processing, approval, credit card reconciliations, accounting and recharge invoices
- Provide quarterly and annual tax return and audit support.
- Monthly and quarterly financial forecasting and reporting for the agency
- Annual budget planning
- Provide operations support for all companies including office organisation, HR, legal, IT, often acting as the contact and “go between” for these external departments.
You will need to be able to provide both short-term (profitability and cost control) and long-term (trends in cost, revenue and profits over time) along with being happy working independently, yet thrive in a startup team environment, along with being comfortable working in a creative agency environment
Driving and Delivering:
- Takes pride in great work, prioritises workload and delivers results
- Has resilience to keep going under pressure or when working on the less satisfying parts of the role
- ‘Sweats the small stuff’ as well as caring about the bigger picture
- Delivers projects on time without being chased
- Is a safe pair of hands
Connecting with others:
- A team player who actively supports others around them
- Builds constructive relationships within the team
- Is professionally credible and seen as a trusted person by the team and business
- Presents information and ideas in an articulate, compelling and clear manner, uses judgment and discretion
- Contributes to meetings and is always well-prepared and able to present ideas articulately
- Has a point of view and is not afraid to challenge when appropriate
- Is tactful and diplomatic when dealing with sensitive issues
Inspiring and motivating:
- Consistently maintains team and own motivation levels
- Strives to learn new skills and pro-actively updates the team
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for developing new ideas and is pro-active in suggesting changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Finance role.
- A CPA certification or are working towards CPA certification (preferred).
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!