Our client, an award-winning innovative media agency based in the heart of London’s West End, has a great opportunity for a Financial Controller (Reporting and Legal) to join their finance team.
As the Financial Controller you will be responsible for all aspects of internal and external reporting including the management and development of the Financial Accountant and Assistant Management Accountant. The FC role will take full ownership of all reporting to ensure that this is done on a timely basis, is accurate, follows accounting policies and in a format that promotes engagement and good financial management. The FC will be responsible for ensuring a strong control environment and efficient processes to reduce the risk of error and inefficiencies so that the finance team can focus on providing information that supports the business both internally and at a Group level.
Reporting and Regulation
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of the company’s management reporting and external Group reporting with insightful analysis
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of the budget, monthly rolling forecasts and quarterly Group reforecasts
- Leading the annual external audit process and overseeing the production of the annual financial statements
- Main point of contact for Group – aligning to requirements and submitting deliverables with support from team, including Group audit (yearend/quarterly/half year), SOX compliance
- Ensuring tax compliance, including review of corporation tax computations, VAT returns, P11Ds and PSA
- Managing key supplier relationships i.e., Business Insurances, IT, and leading Procurement for key services with the support from other areas of the business
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory and industry-led/client and supplier requirements regarding financial information e.g., accreditation bodies, ONS surveys, RFIs
- Cash flow management – overseeing and controlling the company’s banking facilities, relationships and systems and authorising payments on online portal
- Maintaining the integrity of the company’s balance sheet and ensuring full reconciliations and supporting information for all accounts
- Managing people budgets/resourcing in conjunction with HR and the Finance Partner
- Supporting the Finance Partner with Board reporting, high-level analysis and adhoc requests
Processes and Controls
- Ensuring robust processes to close the books monthly within 5 working days of month end
- Ensuring financial controls and processes in place over all transactions and areas and documenting in line with SOX compliance
- Streamlining and automating the company’s financial month end process and internal management reporting to improve efficiencies and provide concise, insightful analysis to the Board
- Continuously reviewing current financial processes to develop a more efficient process where applicable
- Supporting Commercial and Operations FC with operational best practice including staff inductions and refresher Sessions
- Communicating with Leadership team and wider business regarding both Finance team responsibilities and requirements
- Supervising and developing Financial Accountant and Assistant Management Accountant, including monitoring individual workflow and capacity
- Leading weekly Finance team-wide meetings and social events
- Assisting the Finance Partner in the review and preparation of client, supplier and media owner contracts and commercial terms (including liaising with Group Legal team)
- Updating and maintaining contract database
- Ensuring contractual compliance in relation to financial aspects of client contracts
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years post qualified experience
- Strong technical expertise is a necessity – including but not limited to reporting and tax
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally as a Financial Controller or Senior Financial Accountant who is looking to step up
- Experience working in a media (ideal) or marketing services environment
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative – always looking at ways to do things better
- Strong leadership skills – experience of managing a team
- Confident communicator
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to think around problems and get to inventive solutions
- IT literate (advanced Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience of Media Ocean and Hyperion would be an advantage
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person to join an award winning fast growing agency who are going places.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.