Our client an independent management consultancy, that is focused exclusively on helping public sector clients improve services for their local communities, is recruiting for a Head of Finance to join their Central London office.
The Head of Finance will oversee operational management of the Finance team and represent the function both internally and externally to all stakeholders with professional excellence. You will:
- Supervise, manage and motivate the finance team, providing cover in the absence of the CFO.
- Manage accounting operations, including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Cost Accounting, WIP, and Revenue Recognition.
- Prepare insightful monthly financial statements and oversee cash management and liquidity.
- Direct budget preparation, reporting variances and develop concise visual reports.
- Review and suggest improvements to staff/project metrics, identify trends and prepare weekly flash reports.
- Streamline, strengthen and document business processes and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations.
- Manage the audit process, quarterly VAT submissions and secretarial submissions e.g. P11ds, PSA and Corporation Tax.
- Foster a strategic business partnership with Project Managers and Delivery Directors.
- Work with the CFO to present reports to key senior stakeholders and support strategic initiatives e.g. M&A, third party/partnership engagements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Audit and assurance expertise
- Corporate and Business reporting proficiency
- Financial and management accounting skills
- Governance, risk, and controls knowledge
- Leadership and Management capabilities
- Strong organisational skills, reliability and accountability
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to focus on detailed analysis, as well as high level summary reporting.
- Effective communication skills
- Displays honesty, openness and integrity with staff and colleagues.
- Strong experience in Excel modelling of budgets, forecasting and business opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Credibility to build strong relationships at the most senior level.
- Having worked in a management consultancy/people billing company is necessary – i.e. Sector experience.
- Having Deltek Vantagepoint experience is highly desirable.
- Strong IT proficiency. System and systems integration / implementation experience preferred.
- Having acquisitions experience is highly desirable.
In return our client is offering a very competitive salary along with a discretionary bonus and other benefits such as:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance and Income Protection
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Gym Subsidy contribution, including to online fitness subscriptions
- Parent, guardian, and carer friendly policies
- Regular team socials and celebrations
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.