A multi-award winning content and events start-up platform that connects students with amazing experiences has an amazing opportunity for a Head of Finance to join their rapidly expanding team on their amazing journey!
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic start-up at an early stage.
As the Head of Finance your responsibilities will include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams.
Ultimately, you will maintain the company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise outsourced accountants
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Consult board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions
Core skills required
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic start-up at an early stage. They are building a fantastic team of creative and driven individuals who love what they do. They are offering an excellent package for the right individual, which may include share options within the business too.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now! Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.