Our client, an independent branding / creative agency with offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Copenhagen, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to join their finance team based in West London.
You will be tasked with accurately processing information to Management Accounts and provide assistance to the Finance and Operations Partner, ensuring the smooth running of both the sales and purchase ledger and cash management.
The role is on a hybrid basis with a mix of working in the office and at home.
- Monthly reconciliation of all nominal ledger accounts
- Monthly Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Posting monthly accruals & prepayments journals
- Monthly meetings with cost budget holders to discuss any variances & plan for month end
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register alongside the Global IT Manager
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and management
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Processing invoices and ensuring suppliers are paid on time
- Processing employee expenses and company credit cards expenses
- Preparing weekly/monthly payment runs
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Managing petty cash (inc. foreign petty cash)
- Raising sales invoices and ensuring invoices have been sent out timely and accurately
- Weekly revenue meetings with client management team
- Supporting the client management team with system requirements
- Accounting for all revenue – sales invoices, accrued revenue and deferred revenue
- Credit control management – Ensuring all invoices are paid within the agreed credit terms
- Managing External WIP and ensuring expenses are managed and billed promptly
- Own all aspects of AP and AR, as set out in the Role in Detail.
- Teach new starters how to use our Finance system.
- Learn continuously, through working closely with key members of the wider team and through funded study towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Improve the way that we approach AP and AR, drawing upon your previous experience and successes and constantly looking for and implementing efficiencies.
Skills / experience
- Solid understanding of double entry and accounting theories
- Cash management experience
- Exposure to foreign currency transactions
- Exposure to all aspects of accounting to Trial Balance
- Management Account production, and understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Studying towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of the design industry or the wider creative/media industry would be preferred but is not essential
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.