Our client, a global talent management company, is recruiting an ACCA or ACA Qualified Senior Accountant for its Manchester office.
The role is a hybrid role with a mixture of being office based and home working.
Working within Business Management team, the main purpose of this role will be to assist with managing client accounts – which includes overseeing bookkeeping, preparing VAT returns, maintaining sales and purchase ledgers as well as adhoc tasks and building strong client relationships. You will report to a Business Manager, whilst providing additional support across the Business Management team.
- Assist with the management of a large portfolio of clients, including direct client contact and resolving client queries
- Strong technical knowledge in order to review financial statements prepared by the team and provide review points for the purpose of accounts completion and to comply with relevant accounts legislation
- Preparation of corporation and personal tax computations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Managing deadlines to ensure work is completed to the required standard at the right time
- Advising clients on their accounting needs
- Delegating and reviewing work of junior team members
- Having a working understanding of tax accounting and liaison with Tax department
- Manage client billing and review work in progress
- Review client VAT returns
- Provide training and support to the team
- ACCA qualified or equivalent through experience
- Experience with bookkeeping on accountancy software
- Preparation of VAT returns experience
- Knowledge of preparation of a large portfolio of clients
- Experience managing client deadlines
- Previous team supervision experience
- A good understanding of personal and corporate taxes
- Confidence in giving advice
In return my client offers:
- Hybrid working
- Annual bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance after 12 months’ service
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employee Assistance Program
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.