Our client, an accessible luxury fashion brand that aims to redefine the modern wardrobe by offering edited collections that seamlessly blend luxury with everyday style, spanning a diverse range of categories and styles, has an opening for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their finance team based in the heart of Hollywood.
The role is on hybrid basis consisting of 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
As the Staff Accountant working under the guidance of the Controller in conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. The main role is to ensure that the prepared financial statements are in accordance with the management’s instructions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- This opportunity is ideal for someone with great communication skills and has a good understanding of AP, production AP and general finance
- AP including processing inventory invoices, overhead AP, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, staff expenses
- Own the accounting email inbox, responding to vendors in a timely manner. Verifying balances with statements and verifying bank details with the Controller and vendor by Zoom.
- Making proposals for weekly payment run
- Assistance with month end close (7-10 days turnaround)
- Assist in period-end accounting processes including accruals, intercompany and inventory. This includes preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules, general ledger reconciliations and analysis
- Posting all journals and reviewing the transactions that come through the bank and through all nominal ledgers to see if they are accurate
- Following up on costs to ensure they are accurate and coded correctly
- Including fixed asset register, all balance sheet reconciliations – revenue streams – (wholesale & Ecom), accruals, prepays, rent deferral, bank review, credit card review (multiple cards)
- Process the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing processes for costing and inventory and ensure accuracy of various system and manually generated transactions/entries.
- Work with cross functional business partners to ensure inventorial costs are properly being captured
- Prepare various inventory and cost accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide accurate and timely inventory and costing reports to the business partners.
- Assist with audits, including preparing work papers for the auditors and analyzing data. Collaborate with internal team and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Good understanding of US GAAP, accounting concepts, and financial statement
- Proficient in Excel
- Advantage to have previously used NetSuite, Shopify and Avalara
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong leadership and analytic skills
- Time management and interpersonal skills
- 3-5 years with a preference of prior experience in retail, wholesale, or eCommerce accounting.
If this sounds like you then please send us your CV now!
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.